Wednesday 21 January 2015

Woolly News: January 2015

I have just realised that I never posted a woolly news for December.  Not sure why as I had a very special woolly delivery to shout about! 

In December my resistance to a very special yarn club failed.  After months of being strong, I signed up to The Golden Skein Power of Three Club for (Q4 2014, Q1 and Q2 2015).  The skeins are all one off exclusives to The Golden Skein and the inspiration for the colourways comes from a quarterly photo.  Quarter 4's photo was of a firework display named Celebration. My shiny gold parcel arrived when I was ill and laying on the settee. This is what was inside:


Golden skein celebration
 I sat next to them on the settee for several days stroking and admiring them!!!  The next quarter is due in March - I am already counting down the days.  The inspiration photo for Q1 is of Peacock butterflies (really, really excited about this one as Peacock was my maiden name).  I have not signed up Q3 and Q4 as there is a new club coming (information on their website) which only used British fibre and British dyers which I would love to subscribe to.  


Rosthwaite socks
Rosthwaite socks matching my beer and cake at Social Knitwork
I knitted a few christmas presents including Barley hats for my nieces and nephew.  I also finished the first sock for Mr D.  Things went a bit astray just before Christmas as KAL fever took hold. Within two days I had cast on Rosthwaite Socks by Louise Tilbrook and in celebration of The Golden Skein's 1st birthday, the Kunye shawl by Clare Devine.  I am still working on these two at the moment on top of my other WIP's (including my Vivid baby blanket for our new niece due to the end of the month!).  There are so many great KAL's happening at the moment and I want to join them all!

Are you joining in with any KAL's at the moment?  What have you been knitting or crocheting?  

6 comments:

  1. Love the colour and pattern of those socks Isla! They look so cosy! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to get them finished.

      Delete
  2. I've never joined a yarn club of any kind, but I've often tempted. I shall be interested to hear how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't joined one before until The Golden Skein. In the end the temptation was to great!!!! I will keep you posted.

      Delete
  3. What lovely yarn. I'm sure I'd have sat stroking it for a while too! That must have made you feel a bit better. I like the way the beer and cake match your knitting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The delivery put a big smile on my face. Mr D was on the phone when the post man called and I thought I had better wait until he had finished in case I shouted out in excitement! Both the beer and cake were delicious!

      Delete